Announcements and Accomplishments
Check back to stay informed on the accomplishments of our club and its skaters. Be sure to follow us on Facebook as well so you stay up-to-date!
- 5th Annual Cortland-Ithaca Compete USA Competition – Saturday, March 3, 2018
- Empire State Winter Games, Feb. 1-4, 2018
- 27th Annual Skaneateles Invitational – Dec. 1-3, 2017
- Mohawk Valley Classic 2017 Competition, New Hartford Recreation Center – Jan. 14, 2017
- Skaneateles Figure Skating Club 26th Annual Invitational Competition
- Skaneateles Test Session, Skaneateles, NY – Oct. 9, 2016
Click the links below to see the Binghamton Figure Skating Club in the news.
- “Winter Olympics inspires local interest for snow season sports“
WBNG-TV, Feb. 18, 2018
At the SUNY Broome Ice Center there were figure skaters at the rink Sunday afternoon. Many of them say they see Olympians as a role model. “I look up to them,” said Binghamton Figure Skating Club member Trinity Train. “They’re really good skaters and I want to be like them one day and I hope I can.” She says seeing the athletes on TV encourages here to get out on the ice more often.
- “Ice skaters get ‘Happy’ at spring exhibition“
Press & Sun Bulletin, Mar. 29, 2015
“A crowd of close to 300 parents, relatives, friends and ice skating lovers were all smiles in the stands of the SUNY Broome Ice Center on March 22. More than 50 skaters, many of them children, took part in the Binghamton Figure Skating Club’s Learn-to-Skate Program Spring Exhibition.” Read more
- “Is your child ready to strap on the ice skates?”
Press & Sun Bulletin, Oct. 13, 2014
A great write-up on the Learn to Skate program featuring quotes from coach Fred Hottenstein and LTS director Lisa Ruest
- “Figure skating comes with a price“
Binghamton Homepage, Feb. 6, 2014
A great video and article on the costs of figure skating and how the Binghamton Figure Skating Club can help you get around the high costs of this exciting sport. Watch the video to see skaters Ramona Miller and Lily Bronson, as well as former club president Alex Feingold.